San Diego is home to numerous Coast Guard, Marine and Navy institutions and the region is quite popular for its military presence and impressive achievements through the years. Military bases such as Marine Corps Recruiting Depot San Diego, Marine Corps Air Station Miramar, Naval Base Coronado, Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton, and Naval Base San Diego are found in the city of San Diego.
Many institutions like hotels, sports clubs, arts museums in San Diego offer discounts for services and activities exclusively to the men and women in uniform. Given below is a list of the places where you can avail discounts for military personnel which are currently seen in the city. The list is categorized according to the kind of activity or service offered.
- Sports clubs or resorts
- Maderas Golf Club offers active and retired members of the military a discount of up to 35% over the regular rates. The golf club is located in the North community of Poway.
- Sycuan Golf and Tennis Club offer active military personnel a discounted fee of $25 for their championship courses. Although this offer is available only on the weekdays, you may avail the offer throughout the year.
- Sycuan Casino gives all active service members, veterans and retirees a Platinum level membership in the Club Sycuan Military Program. The Platinum level membership comes with exclusive discounts, promotions and offers to military personnel.
- You can get discounted tickets to the San Diego Aztecs versus Wyoming which would take place in Qualcomm Stadium, by visiting the Marine Corps MCCS and Navy MWR ticket outlets.
- The Embassy Suites Hotel San Diego close to La Jolla offers active military personnel discounted rates on many features which come under the military couple’s romance package. The offer includes a two room suite, a host manager’s reception, breakfast, and 50% off on self-parking.
- The Westin San Diego offers active military personnel discounted rates on deluxe suites, complimentary upgrades to rooms with a bay-view and amenities for a family movie night.
- Brew Hop tours offers a 10% discount for military personnel chauffeured tour of San Diego. Military personnel and their entire group can avail the discount and participate in a tour designed for the enjoyment of beer.
- Adventure Rib Rides provides active and retired military personnel a 10% discount for boarding their Navy SEAL Inflatable Boat. Military personnel and their families would enjoy close views of many features along the bay of San Diego.
- Hornblower Cruises and Events provide discounted tickets through a military ticket office for their cruises exclusively for members of the military. You may avail discounted rates on their nightly three-hour cruise, weekend brunch cruise, and even on their two-hour and one-hour harbor cruise.
- Museums and other attractions
- The Museum of Photographic Art offers free admission to active members of the military and their dependents and $1 off on admission for retired military personnel. As it houses more than 7000 works of art, it would be a great place to visit. It is located in Balboa Park.
- The New Children’s Museum provides 50% discounts for active, retired and veteran military personnel and their dependents. The museum focuses on children, exhibiting many engaging works of art and projects to spur imagination.
- The Veteran’s Museum and Memorial Center offers free daily admission to the active uniformed members of the military and their families. Located in Balboa Park, this memorial center has a large collection of artwork, photographs, military artifacts and other such items on display.
- San Diego Symphony allows military personnel to enjoy a $3 discount on tickets for certain sections of the Copley Symphony Hall. The Hall is located in downtown San Diego.
- Legoland California offers active and retired military personnel a huge $40 discount on tickets. You can purchase the tickets at a military ticket office. But even if you directly approach Legoland California with a valid military ID, you can receive a 10% discount on all the tickets.
- SeaWorld San Diego provides a free single-day admission to active service members, National Guardsmen and activated or drilling reservists. Your Dependents can use the Here’s to the Heroes program to gain free entry into the park. Ensure that all your dependents over the age of 10 must carry a valid dependent ID.
In each of these areas, make sure that you find out more about what kind of identification you would need and what the service offers so that you would be able to make maximum use of the offers.