If you’ve been searching for a quick meal to throw together for dinner, this is it! This delicious garlic white bean stew is packed with nutritional value and it’s a dish that the whole family will love.
With the new super food kale as a key ingredient, this white bean stew is rich with Vitamin K, which helps to keep bones healthy and fight prostate and liver cancers.
For a quick and easy meal at your apartment with enough nutritional value to keep your body happy and healthy, this garlic white bean soup will not leave you disappointed. Here is this delicious stew recipe:
- 2 Tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 medium-size onions
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 2 â€“ 2 Â½ cups of white beans, cooked (lima or navy)
- 2 cups of shredded kale leaves, packed
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 can (14 ounces) of organic whole tomatoes
- 5 bay leaves
- Pinch of chili flakes
- Sea Salt
- Cracked black pepper
- Cold-pressed olive oil (garnish)
1. Heat two tablespoons of coconut oil in a large pot. Slice the onions and add to the pot along with a few pinches of sea salt, chili flakes, bay leaves, and paprika. Cook for a few minutes, stirring until the onions have softened. Add sliced garlic cloves and cook an additional minute. If the mixture seems thick, add a little juice from the canned tomatoes.
2. Add all other ingredients and bring to a boil. Season to taste and serve with a drizzle of olive oil.
3. If you plan on simmering your stew prior to eating, add the kale leaves just 5 to 10 minutes before serving to preserve its nutritional value. Enjoy!
This white bean and kale stew was found inÂ Whole Living.
Photo Credit: The Bitten Word