This tomato and corn risotto recipe will have your mouth watering and your taste buds waiting for that next bite. The risotto cooks completely in the microwave so you’ll be free to do other chores around the house as your meal is being prepared, easy apartment cooking at its best!
12 oz. bag of microwave-in-bag green beans
13/4 cups of low-sodium vegetable broth
2 cups of water
2 Tablespoons of butter
1 chopped onion
2 cups of Arborio rice
2 pounds of tomatoes
2 cups of fresh corn kernels
2 ounces of grated parmesan cheese
2 Tablespoons of chopped basil
Salt and Pepper
- Cook beans as directed on package; let cool. Cut into 1 inch bits.
- In a medium size saucepan, bring the vegetable broth and water to a boil.
- In a 4-quart microwavable bowl, microwave the butter and onion for 3 minutes on High. Add rice, stir, and microwave for one more minute.
- Stir broth mixture into rice mixture. Cover with a vented plastic cover and microwave on Medium for 10 minutes.
- While the mix is in the microwave, puree half of the tomatoes and strain. Keep the juice and discard the tomatoes. The other half of the tomatoes should be chopped.
- Stir 1 Â½ cups of tomato juice into rice mixture; recover and microwave on Medium for 5 minutes.
- Stir corn into the mixture and recover. Microwave on Medium for 3 minutes.
- Stir parmesan, green beans, tomatoes, 1 tablespoon of basil, Â½ teaspoon of salt, Â¼ teaspoon of pepper into the risotto. Garnish the top with the rest of the basil. Enjoy!
Courtesy of Good Housekeeping