A cool strawberry and avocado salad blends together perfectly with a honey vinaigrette and the delicious ham and zucchini pasta is ideal for a dinner for two. Try these tasty eats anytime for a fast and conveniently cool alternative to cooking up a storm!
Refreshing Strawberry & Avocado Salad
- 2 Tablespoons of white sugar
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 teaspoons of honey
- 1 Tablespoon of cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Â½ cup of pecans, chopped
- 10 strawberries, sliced
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 2 cups of salad greens
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sugar, olive oil, vinegar, honey, and lemon juice. Once fully mixed, set aside.
- Place salad greens in serving bowls and top with avocado and strawberry slices. Drizzle homemade dressing on top and sprinkle with pecans. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 2 hours before serving.
This Strawberry Avocado salad is a classic at All Recipes.
Zucchini & Ham Pasta
- 10 ounces of gemelli or cavatelli pasta
- 1 medium-size zucchini
- 2 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 medium-size tomatoes, cut into chunks
- Â¼ pound of Black Forest ham, thinly sliced and cut into strips
- 3 Tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup of goat or feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 Tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped
- 6 fresh mint leaves, torn
- Kosher salt
- Pepper, freshly ground
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Fill a large pot with salted water and bring to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to its instructions. Drain and keep 1 cup of the cooking water.
- Trim the zucchini and coarsely grate into a colander. Toss the zucchini with a Â¼ teaspoon of salt and set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a large skillet, warm up the olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic, red pepper flakes, and Â¼ teaspoon salt and cook until the garlic is golden or for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then, add tomatoes and cook an additional 3 to 4 minutes. Squeeze any excess liquid from the zucchini and then add to the skillet as well.
- Add the pasta, ham, and leftover cooking water to the skillet and toss until all is warm throughout or for approximately 2 to 3 minutes. Season the pasta with salt and pepper, remove from the stove and stir in the parsley, mint leaves, and cheese. Serve immediately and enjoy!
This delicious recipe was found on the Food Network.
Photo Credit: Lindseywb