You’ll truly impress your guests when they come over to your apartment for this meal! Start with a refreshing asparagus mozzarella salad that’s bursting with flavors. Once you’re finished with dinner, liven up the mood with some dessert.
Bring back nostalgic memories of campfires and outdoor fun with gooey s’more bars that all will enjoy. Your apartment will be filled with wonderful scents after you’ve cooked these outrageously flavorful recipes.
Asparagus Mozzarella Salad
- 2 pounds of fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch bits
- 1 pound of fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- Â¼ cup of fresh basil, minced
- 1 medium-size red onion, sliced
- 2 cups of grape tomatoes
- Â¼ cup of olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- Â½ teaspoon of salt
- Â½ teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- Â¼ teaspoon of pepper
- 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
1. In a saucepan, bring Â½ inch of water to a boil. Add the asparagus bits; cover and boil for 3 minutes.
2. Drain the asparagus and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry. Transfer the asparagus to a large bowl and add mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, onion, and basil.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, mustard, and pepper.
4. Pour dressing over salad and toss so that all pieces are covered. Drizzle with lemon juice and chill until serving.
This salad recipe was originally posted in Simple & Delicious.
- Â¾ cup of sugar
- Â½ cup of butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Â¾ cup of graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1/3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 5 milk chocolate candy bars, approximately 1.55 ounces each
- 1 cup of marshmallow crÃ¨me
1. In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, graham cracker, salt, and baking powder. Gradually add the dry mixture into the creamed mixture. Set aside Â½ cup of the dry mix for topping.
2. In a greased 9-inch square pan, press the mixture into the bottom of the pan. Place the candy bars over the crust and spread the marshmallow crÃ¨me onto the surface. Sprinkle the top with the remaining dry mixture.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool on a wire rack; cut into bars and store in an air-tight container.
This scrumptious treat was found on Taste of Home.
Photo Credit: Rachel Kramer Bussel