Are you ready to cook gourmet scallops in 30 minutes? This simple scallop and bacon combination is bursting with flavor yet it’s so easy to prepare and to cook. Invite over some of your toughest cooking critics and get a standing ovation for this delightful main course.
- 6 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons of basil leaves; chopped finely
- 1 clove of crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon of grated lemon zest
- 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of fresh rosemary
- 1 small red chile, fresh
- 6 slices of bacon or prosciutto
- 16 sea scallops, fresh
- Soak 16 wooden or bamboo toothpicks for 6 minutes in cold water.
- Pulse the olive oil, basil, garlic, lemon zest, rosemary, lemon juice, and chile in a blender until its consistency is smooth. Pour contents into a glass measuring cup and set to the side.
- Cut each bacon slice lengthwise into 2 or 3 pieces; then, wrap a piece of bacon around each scallop and secure with a toothpick.
- Put the scallops on a plate and glaze them with Â¼ cup of dressing (this will be roughly half of the whole amount).
- Spray 2 nonstick skillets with olive oil cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Cook each scallop for 4 to 6 minutes; cook on the sides that have the bacon until the bacon is slightly charred and the scallops are thoroughly cooked.
- Place scallops on a plate and drizzle with the remaining dressing.
Courtesy of Redbook