Easter is just one week away! With these delicious spring recipes, you’ll have Easter brunch ready before the guests arrive.
This tasty egg casserole and refreshing peach orange cocktails will have everyone asking for seconds this Easter.
Make-Ahead Brunch Bake
- 2 Tablespoons of butter
- 8 ounces of fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 5 cups of southern-style hash brown potatoes, frozen
- Â½ cup of roasted bell pepper strips
- 2 medium-size leeks, quartered, sliced, using bulb and light green parts
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of dill weed, dried
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups of milk or half-&-half
- 1 cup of fresh Parmesan cheese, finely shredded
- Coat a 13×9 glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium-size skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add leeks and asparagus. Cook for 5-6 minutes or until crisp and tender stirring frequently.
- Add potatoes, bell pepper strips, salt, and dill. Mix together carefully and spoon into the sprayed baking dish.
- Beat the eggs in a medium bowl. Add the milk or half-&-half and beat well. Add in half the amount of cheese and mix well. Pour over the vegetables in the baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and cover with foil. Refrigerate the dish for 8 hours or overnight.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake, covered, for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes or until the center of the dish is set. Let stand for 10 minutes and cut into squares. Garnish with red bell peppers if you’d like.
Peachy Orange Cream Cocktail
Vanilla Simple Syrup
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 2 slices of fresh orange
Orange Cream Cocktail
- 2 slices of fresh peach
- 1 slice of fresh orange
- Â¼ ounce of Vanilla Simple Syrup
- 1 ounce of vodka
- 4 ounces of lemon-lime soda (about Â½ cup)
- Split a vanilla bean down the middle and scoop out the seeds with a sharp knife. Set to the side.
- To make the Vanilla Simple syrup, mix sugar, water, vanilla seeds and bean in a saucepan. Heat to boiling over medium to high heat. Stir until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and set aside for one hour to cool. Take out the vanilla bean and pour the syrup into a glass jar. Cover and store into the refrigerator until used.
- To make a peach orange cream cocktail, mash up peach and orange slices and spoon into the bottom of the glass. Top with 1 Â½ teaspoons of vanilla simple syrup and vodka. Add ice and soda. Top with mint and fresh fruit slices if you want.
Bon Appetit! These Easter recipes were found on BettyCrocker.com